Marriage Tax Claims

Several years ago, the government introduced the marriage tax allowance so that £1,250 of your personal allowance could be transferred to your spouse or civil partner (if they are a higher earner than you). However, there is a catch, you don’t automatically get the tax-free allowance and it only applies in certain circumstances.

The good news is that if you are eligible, you could be entitled to years’ worth of backdated tax claims. We can help you by checking if you are entitled to a tax reclaim and claiming back for up to four tax years. This could result in a maximum claim of £1,188.

If you haven’t made a claim yet, we can assess your circumstances to identify if you are eligible and claim back what you’ve missed out on.

Back to Home Page